Vejer Focus competition rules – 2014
1. All entries to the the Vejer Focus competition must be taken on a mobile phone. This includes any iOS or Android device. Providing the device can make phone calls and take photographs, it is acceptable. iPads and tablets with cameras are also acceptable.
2. Editing of photos is permitted, but only using the device the photograph is taken on. Editing on a computer is not permitted. You can use ﬁlters from any photo sharing site or process with any apps, providing these run on your particular device. Your photograph must also be submitted from your mobile device.
3. All photographs must be taken between 1800 on Friday 26th September and 1800 Sunday 28th September. A maximum if 10 photographs per participant will be accepted.
4. Any theme is permitted from portraits, documentary style images, landscapes, architecture, interior, street scenes, beach scenes, action photos, humour. The only limit is that the photo must be taken within the municipality of Vejer which includes the walled medieval town of Vejer, the coast and sandy beaches of El Palmar and the Las Breñas Nature Park amongst other areas of pictorial interest.
5. It is your responsibility to check that you have the authorization to submit your entry. It must be your own original work and not infringe copyright or other rights of third parties.
6. Anyone can enter the competition. You don’t have to be a resident of Vejer de la Frontera. Providing your photograph is taken within the times and dates speciﬁed in paragraph 3, you are eligible to enter.
7.The copyright of all images remain with the photographer, and the organizers will not sell to third parties. You do grant the organizers the right to exhibit the photographs as part of Vejer Focus and the Vejer Art Project on the speciﬁed dates in paragraph 3, and also use them to promote current and future Vejer Focus competitions in printed and online forms. The organizers may also from time to time use the images in printed or digital displays in the Califa Gallery (Los Balcones del Califa) and associated premises within Grupo Califa.
8. Prizes will be announced at 2000 on Sunday 28th September. All decisions will be ﬁnal and the judges and organizers will not enter into any communication regarding prizes.
9. By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by the rules.